The big question: Should I or Shouldn’t I?
If you want a fully complete professional security system that has you covered whether you are at home and moving around or out away from home, you need to consider Monitoring. Many packages include continuous Monitoring and most professionals in the industry consider this is an essential component. with someone on the other side monitoring your home for security, you can sleep safely knowing that you are protected and covered in case of some emergency. Here are a few critical concerns that should be addressed.
• Make sure your monitoring center is an Underwriters Laboratory listed facility.
• By having the monitoring company UL certified it allow for a discount on your homeowners insurance.
• Some key questions to ask: Ask whether the monitoring center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Ask when customer service is available.
• Does the company have built in redundancies in case there is power interruption?
• A big question is what occurs if the alarm goes off? Who is called first or second and when is the police department notified to show up at the home?
• The alarm monitoring agreement is in effect, a separate agreement that must be evaluated along with your security installation contract.
• You want a system that you and your whole family understand and feel comfortable with. Most importantly, you want a system that you and your family can operate easily and effectively, even when you are home and moving about the house.